Administering a Microsoft SQL Database Infrastructure Boot Camp
This course is intended for database professionals who perform installation, maintenance, and configuration tasks. Other responsibilities include setting up database systems, making sure those systems operate efficiently, and regularly storing, backing up, and securing data from unauthorized access. This 5 day boot camp will help in preparing you for the exam 70-764 Administering a Microsoft SQL Database Infrastructure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Authenticate and authorize users
Assign server and database roles
Authorize users to access resources
Protect data with encryption and auditing
Describe recovery models and backup strategies
Backup SQL Server databases
Restore SQL Server databases
Automate database management
Configure security for the SQL Server agent
Manage alerts and notifications
Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
Trace access to SQL Server
Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
Import and export data
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
· Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
· Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
· Working knowledge of relational databases.
· Some experience with database design.
1. SQL Server Security
2. Assigning Server and Database Roles
3. Authorizing Users to Access Resources
4. Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
5. Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
6. Backing Up SQL Server Databases
7. Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
8. Automating SQL Server Management
9. Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
10. Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
11. Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
12. Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended Events
13. Monitoring SQL Server
14. Troubleshooting SQL Server
15. Importing and Exporting Data